Saturday, September 3, 2011

Unburdened

Though you'd never know it from reading Bronze Gears, the two months or so between my last post and this one have been really full.  Amazingly full.  And yet I stand at the end of the summer with a life far emptier than it's been in a long time.  It's a great kind of empty, though.  An empty that implies potential, rather than depletion.

This summer I vacationed in Paris and London.  I sold my house and much of what it contained.  I left behind two hobbies, and am attacking the third with renewed vigor.  I rode in the Pan-Mass Challenge.  I found a new home and am slowly making it mine -- mine with my kids and with Jake.  And as I watch people dear to me establishing new stages of their lives, I am aware of myself doing the same.

It's been a busy summer.  A happy summer, by and large, too.  Emptying my cup of so much of the old has taken far longer than I though it would.  But now that there's some room in there, I'm looking forward to adding to it.  Not overburdening it -- but making it fuller.  And making the mix richer this time.

I have a few projects and stories to share, and a few stories, too.  I'm really tired tonight, though, so I'll have to come back to them.  They'll keep, though.  My cup is emptier than it's been in a long time, so there's a lot less floating around in there to spoil them.

All for now,

J

No comments: