Sunday, February 21, 2010

Chin-ups are Really Hard


I installed a chin-up bar in my little attic "gym" on Saturday. It's pretty simple -- a length of 1" steel pipe wrapped in Tressostar cloth handlebar tape, a couple of lengths of 4x4 appropriately drilled, 8 lag bolts long enough to secure it to the outer studs on my riding stall, and a couple of pieces of cedar screwed on over the holes to keep the bar where it belongs.

I've been working out the past 6 weeks or so. Sit-ups, push-ups, riding, a bunch of dumbell exercises -- stuff like that. I've dropped 8 lbs since New Year's and am feeling pretty good.

I won't admit publicly how few overhand chin-ups I can complete -- too embarrassing. More than zero, yes. But, I mean... those guys in the movies can do like 100 of them without breaking a sweat.

At least I have a new arbitrary fitness goal to shoot for.

All for now,

J

No comments: